2015年8月16日星期日

Compulsive Hoarding vs Hoarding Phobia (囤積症 vs 囤積恐懼症)

Some people have the urge of hoarding
some interested items,
such as books, toys, dolls, pets, etc.     

Among these people, 
some are with the very strong urge to 
collect large quantity of these interested items 
to an extent that normal people will not own the items 
in such an excessive quantity 
that are beyond 
their means to keep them or 
daily need to use them.

But what about if you have means to keep them, 
for example, 
if you have enough space at home, 
will you buy for your own use 1,000 pairs of shoes 
and keep them at home at the same time?
 
These people satisfy their psychological need 
by compulsive hoarding of many interested items 
but with a persistent reluctance of discarding or 
parting with their possessions.

 I don't know whether  
compulsive hoarding is a psychological disorder.  
However, I am sure it is a psychological disorder 
for me to have the hoarding phobia: 
I feel dreadful when having the idea of 
excessive quantity of an item 
just in mind, and worse feel frightened if at sight:
For example, 
one Hello Kitty doll is cute to me, 
the sight of hundreds of Hello Kitty dolls grouped together 
will however seem awkward and make me sick!

But I have one exception:  
The Hello Kitty doll can be substituted 
by everything 
except US Note!

沒有留言: