2015年5月23日星期六

The "dust-is-dust" Assumption


There is an old Chinese saying that
"Since all is void, where can the dust alight?"
The original Chinese version is
“本來無一物,何處惹塵埃”。

This saying means that if you can become nothing,
no dust can settle on you!

Do you know what the dust's response is
when the dust hears this saying? 

Tell you, the dust responds,
"I am nothing, I need nothing to settle on !
How come you assume that I need something to settle on!"   

* * *

 Kansas - "Dust In The Wind"





I close my eyes only for a moment, 
and the moment's gone
All my dreams pass before my eyes, 
a curiosity

Dust in the wind, 
all they are is dust in the wind

Same old song, 
just a drop of water in an endless sea
All we do crumbles to the ground, 
though we refuse to see

Dust in the wind, 
all we are is dust in the wind

Now, don't hang on, 
nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky
It slips away, 
and all your money won't another minute buy

Dust in the wind, 
all we are is dust in the wind 
(all we are is dust in the wind)
Dust in the wind (everything is dust in the wind), 
everything is dust in the wind (the wind)

沒有留言: