2026年9月29日星期二

The Peter Principle Applied at the Top of the World


The Peter Principle is a human resources theory proposed by Laurence J. Peter, 
stating that in a hierarchical organization, 
employees are promoted based on 
their success in their current roles until 
they reach a level where 
they are no longer competent to 
carry out the work required at that level.

The employee, of course, 
knows their situation deep in his/her heart. 
However, in most cases, 
the concerned employee is not 
willing to admit it.

Their tactics to cope with the situation can vary:
One extreme is to exert every effort to 
complete the work by using 
all available time and resources, 
just like candle burning at both ends.

Another extreme is to carry out the work 
according to one’s own schedule and capacity, 
with an “I-am-I” attitude.

Such employees can sometimes 
remain in their positions until 
they make serious mistakes or 
cause major problems due to their incapacity.



The Carpenters - Top of the World
Such a feelin's comin' over me
There is wonder in most every thing I see
Not a cloud in the sky, got the sun in my eyes
And I won't be surprised if it's a dream
Everything I want the world to be
Is now comin' true especially for me
And the reason is clear,
it's because you are here
You're the nearest thing to heaven
that I've seen
I'm on the top of the world
lookin' down on creation
And the only explanation I can find
Is the love that I've found,
ever since you've been around
Your love's put me at the top of the world
Something in the wind has learned my name
And it's tellin' me that
things are not the same
In the leaves on the trees,
and the touch of the breeze
There's a pleasing sense of happiness for me
There is only one wish on my mind
When this day is through
I hope that I will find
That tomorrow will be,
just the same for you and me
All I need will be mine if you are here
I'm on the top of the world
lookin' down on creation
And the only explanation I can find
Is the love that I've found,
ever since you've been around
Your love's put me at the top of the world
I'm on the top of the world
lookin' down on creation
And the only explanation I can find
Is the love that I've found,
ever since you've been around
Your love's put me at the top of the world


沒有留言: