2026年7月27日星期一

Original Intention

An art course instructor said to the students:

“You have paid a significant tuition fee 
to learn how to paint. 
You really ought to study hard 
to paint better and 
never forget your original intention.”

I’ve noticed that students enroll in these courses 
for very different original intentions. 
These purposes include:

Enhancing creative techniques

Expanding art knowledge

Learning from the instructor’s skills

Earning a diploma

Carrying on a painting lineage and style

Widening one's social circle

Seeking creative inspiration

Learning to be an art curator

Aiding a career in arts management

Becoming a creative artist

Becoming a professional painter

Becoming a freelance painter

Becoming an amateur painter

Learning to be an art teacher

Enriching one's life

Healing psychological emotions

Slowing down the pace of life

Leaving behind a footprint of life

Making good use of continuing education funds

Finding like-minded peers

Expanding creative horizons

Mastering a medium to express one's voice

Building a network of contacts

Reclaiming a childhood passion

Climbing the academic ladder

Improving personal image

Elevating one's taste in life

藝術課程的導師,
對學生說,
“你們交了很高昂的學費來學畫。
好應該努力學習畫好你們的畫,不要忘記初衷。

發覺同學修讀這些課程的初衷各不相同。
這些目的包括:

提高創作技巧
增進藝術知識
學習老師才藝
爭取一紙文憑
承傳畫藝門派
擴闊生活圈子
尋找創作靈感
學做藝策展人
助做文管工作
為做創藝術家
為做職業畫家
為做自由畫家
為做業餘畫家
學做美術老師
豐富生活內容
療愈心理情緒
拖慢生活步伐
留下生活印記
善用進修基金
尋找同行知己
擴闊創作領域
掌握媒介發言
建立人脈網絡
重拾童年興趣
攀登學術階梯
改善個人形象
提高生活品味
……




From the Beginning · Emerson, Lake & Palmer

There might have been things I missed
But don't be unkind
It don't mean I'm blind
Perhaps there's a thing or two
I think of, lying in bed
I shouldn't have said
But there it is

You see it's all clear
You were meant to be here
From the beginning

Maybe I might've changed
And not been so cruel
Not been such a fool
Whatever was done is done
I just can't recall
It doesn't matter at all

You see it's all clear
You were meant to be here
From the beginning


沒有留言: